The Polytech makes education meaningful to students by enabling them to explore their passion or discover career interests before graduating from high school. By partnering with local colleges, Polytech students are able to access college courses and career training as a part of their high school studies, gaining valuable insights into life after graduation. Polytech staff are there every step of the way to advise, encourage, and celebrate as students achieve their goals.
Here's how it works:
- Students are dually enrolled both at The Polytech and the community college of choice.
- The Polytech will create a customized education for each student based on transcript evaluation, assessments, and intake interview. This plan may include high school or college level courses at The Polytech campus or a community college, or a combination of both.
- The Polytech will assist students to meet college admissions requirements and enroll in a desired career pathway.
- The Polytech offers academic and career advising to ensure the student’s success at both The Polytech and college campuses.
- At the end of each college quarter, the student will receive an official community college transcript. The Polytech will award high school credits for work completed at the college, and students often graduate with both a high school diploma and an industry certificate or degree from the college.
- The Polytech remains available after high school graduation to support students with the transition into college, additional training, military, or the workforce.