Scheduled at a consistent time convenient for the student, The Polytech provides targeted subject-matter tutoring in these academic areas:
- English – all levels of writing, reading, and research
- Math – Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, Statistics, PreCalculus, Calculus, and math related to career pathways in Health Care and Engineering
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Social Studies – World History and Geography, US History, Government, Economics
- Foreign Language – Spanish
- College Readiness – practice implementing the soft skills necessary for success in college, including how to read a syllabus, accepting criticism, professional dress, punctuality, keyboarding and technical skills, applying for financial aid and scholarship process, career search and assessment
- Test Prep – SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, ISEE, many AP exams
- Executive Function – organization, planning, study skills, test-taking strategies, time management, self-advocacy
In addition, our staff can assist with many college-level courses in the pathways of health care, business and technology services, education, and engineering.
All sessions are scheduled with one teacher working with one student throughout the 50 minute session.